Re: Can't see all people transmitting

Tue, 21 Oct 1997 19:50:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, Jeff wrote:
> I am using Cornell's Cu-Seeme version 0.92b2 & I can't see some of the
> senders. The other senders show up as lurkers on my screen. What version
> of Cu-Seeme should I use to see these other senders?

That would mean the senders are sending in color. To see most people's
color, you need White Pine's Enhanced CU-SeeMe if you're on a Mac (3.1b3
for MJPEG..2.0.0 for WP color) or Win95/NT (3.1 preview 9 or 2.1.1/2.1.2)
Try http://www.cuseeme.com for information about those versions.

http://support.cuseeme.com/h239.HTM has a fairly good table of what
version you need for which codecs.

Most people seem to use MJPEG codec which requires either Win95/NT (with
2.1.1+ versions) or a Mac using the 3.1 preview. In some cases, NO ONE
can see the senders if they are using some obscure non-supported codec.