Re: I gave up

Thu, 23 Oct 1997 01:24:12 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997, Wayne Fisher wrote:
> Thanks to all of you who gave me your suggestions in trying to get
> CUSeeMe 3.0 from white pine to run stably. Even after all of your
> suggestions (remove and re-install, try running with various
> applications turned off, etc), I was still receiving the GPFs in
> kernel32.dll when I exit the program

I believe WP's response would be to download the 3.1 preview version.
It's "supposedly" less buggy. I know it runs rather faster on my machine
with a Quickcam. If you have an hour to kill, try downloading it from
WP's web page..The worse thing that will happen is it won't work..which
wouldn't be anything new it seems :) If it works, great..if
not..well..there went an hour. (It's about 9.3 MB I believe)

> I have removed CU 3.0 from my machine, and will continue to use
> the cornell product, which NEVER seems to give me trouble *grin*.

BINGO :) I still primarily use 0.92b2 unless someone I just HAVE to see
is sending color and refuses to go to B&W. But I'll refrain from getting
into another "Why 0.92b2 is better than 3.0" flame war :)