Re: White Pine CUSeeMe 3.1 dll version conflicts?

Skip (Wahoo25@m1.sprynet.com)
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 10:00:57 -0700

Jason Williams wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Oct 1997, Wayne Fisher wrote:
> > The strange thing is, with any version of White Pine's CU installed, I
> > receive a general protection fault in msvcrt.dll when I exit Internet
> > Phone 4.5. It appears as if the install of any version of white pine's
> > cuseeme places a version of msvcrt.dll in /windows/system which differs
> > from the versionf of msvcrt.dll which allows Internet Phone 4.5 to work
> > properly without any GPF's. Anyone have any ideas on how I could get
> > this problem corrected? Anyone on the list have both applications
> > installed and running without error?
>
> I'm not sure what that specific DLL does, but I'll be more than happy to
> email you the DLL I have...perhaps reinstalling IPhone 4.5 over the White
> Pine version would do the trick. I believe I've run IPhone 4.5 since
> installing the 3.1 preview version..I'll make sure when I can get home.

You can run both applications (but not at the same time) by disabling the
msvcrt.dll in the application you are not using. I also suggest trying to
copy the "standard" msvcrt.dll into the CuSeeMe directory to see if it will
work with CU (disable CU msvcrt.dll first). The following URL leads to a
site which is very useful for dealing with these types of problems. The site
has the latest version of msvcrt.dll and other goodies.

http://members.aol.com/danvegso/software/w95.htm

Regards,

Skip