Re: Adult Lists

Sat, 25 Oct 1997 18:29:56 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 25 Oct 1997, Laura Gee wrote:
> How d I find lists of adults using cuseeme and haw do I use 'reflector'
> sites and what exactly ARE reflector sites.

Best bet is to try a reflector... My reflector scanner is up at
http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/streak/scan

How do you use a reflector? You type in the IP address as if you were
connecting directly to someone else.

What ARE reflectors? A reflector is a program running on a machine that
accepts video, audio, and aux-data (chat, slide window, whiteboard) and
reflects it back to those that wish to receive it.

The reason it's a good thing is because it allows you see and be seen by
multiple people. This is compared to software like Freevue and iVisit
which allow multipoint conference without a reflector but the bandwidth
you send at is reduced for each person that wishes to see your vid. If
you are sending 20kbps and you have 5 people watching you, each person
only gets an average of 4kbps from you. With CU-SeeMe, if you send
20kbps on a reflector, everyone can get you at 20kbps regardless of how
many people are watching you.