Re: Reflector Scanner Web Pages

Mon, 27 Oct 1997 14:36:31 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Wayne Fisher wrote:
> I have seen some talk of a few reflecto scanner web pages which display
> lists of currently active reflectors...

As far as I know..there's only mine now...but I could be wrong.
Peoplenet's scanner barfed awhile back due to a little stint from a
private reflector operator to keep his reflector from being scanned (you
know who you are..hehe) and shortly thereafter went completely belly up.
It hasn't responded in a good 6-7 months.
I've heard talk of other scanners in the works...dunno how far they've
gotten. I've tried to help others figure out what I've done since it's
not really any big secret, but so far haven't see anything else. Lunch's
ICU states in his What's New page that a dynamic reflector list is on its
way.

> I checked out Streak's reflector
> scanner, but, alas, the scanner resulted in displayed 0 hits out of a
> possible 200-and-some reflectors in the database... Hm.... any ideas on
> why this happened? Any other reflector scanner pages that anyone knows
> of?

I've been trying to work out that problem... :) so it's being looked at as
this message is being typed.
File locking is a pain :)
You can always get the FULL listing of refs by going to:
http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/streak/scan?age=
Or..you can get the next most accurate listing with:
http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/streak/scan?age=1
to show you all the refs that have been up within the last 1 day.