Re: Refs or no refs

Ross Binnie (dianaros@vianet.on.ca)
Mon, 27 Oct 1997 17:49:29 -0500

Okay, I have a partial response to problems with frames & etc.

Using Cu,
System, P133, 16mb USR Sportster 28.8 Int Async.

Chat enabled.

Audio disabled

At 5.06 pm EST connected to Streaks Ref 127.0.0.1
Looking at my own image; Send 10 > 28
Rec. 10 > 120

Shows Send of 1 > 2 FPs;
Rec of 1 Fps;

Received image is well defined

Test end 5.09 EST

At 5.25 pm EST connected to University of Texas Ref 128.83.42.61
Chat enabled and many were using the chat feature.
At start; 8 users, 3 visible, 4 hidden, 1 lurker.

Increased to 11 users by end of test.

At 5.25 the visble users were Suz, Partial image
Ringmaster, Partial image
Highlander, Partial image

Cu showed link loss as 0%
link response as 0.87

Test ended after 5.5 minutes. None of the above images were completly
displayed in that time.

This is about normal for me. By contrast using Connectix VideoPhone each
image received is complete albeit resolution is fair to poor for most
connections.

Comments?