Streak´s phonebook, Sellout of WP to M$ ?

Mon, 27 Oct 1997 23:18:55 +0100

Gary Dietz wrote:
> I am up for putting Streaks reflector scanner on our web pages (don't >=
know how to get it in the product really, unless we list his server
> there....)
No, I requested that a "copy" of the list generated on a key day is
included as default phonebook for the shipped (shareware and full)
version of the WP clients.

> >I read in the news that WP=B4s president would be very glad if M$ buys=
the
> >whole shop. But he was asked if he would be, this was not a rumour tha=
> >M$ is interested. Any comments on that ?
>=20
> Rolf, please provide a press attribution (publication, article, page, d=
ate)
> where he was quoted saying this. I can assure you that Mr. Cabellero d=
id
> not say that. Thus, there is no need for a comment.

Source: Internet-Magazin 8/97, page 12, by WebMedia GmbH (a german
magazine)

Original german text:=20
"Messesplitter Internet World =B497 Berlin, Stimmengewirr.
Thema Microsoft-Dominanz
Brian Lichorowic, Vice President, Marketing, White Pine Software:
Ich w=FCrde keine Augenblick z=F6gern, meine Firma an Microsoft zu
verkaufen."

Translation:
"News from the Fair Internet World =B497 in Berlin
Voices from the fair.
Topic: Dominance of Microsoft
Brian Lichorowic, Vice President, Marketing, White Pine Software:
I wouldn=B4t wait/hesitate a single moment to sell my company to
Microsoft"
(so he would)

O.k. Gary, it was the vice president.. not the president !

Sincerely
Rolf
--=20
/ / / Alone on the data highway...
/ / like on an allee in Hannover-Herrenhausen
/ / / Rolf Hemmerling, Germany
/ / http://home.pages.de/~rolf.hemmerling/