Re: Phones for MAC and PC

Mon, 27 Oct 1997 18:25:31 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Rolf Hemmerling wrote:
> Jason Williams wrote:
> > One word... http://www.ivisit.com (iVisit)
> Ups.. I forgot IVISIT to mention: No girls, very little but friendly
> audience coming over from the CU community, currenty the evaluation
> duration is very limited for each new version.

Check out the NEW version..The evalation time was limited before because
it was being beta tested. 1.0 has now been released and is completely
free. It expires December 31st.

> Marketing relevance means: Free, (almost) unlimited clients, so that
> only a few people "must" pay, the rest of the thousands of users is
> using the product for free without pain.

I believe that's more "Marketing for the Consumer" since the consumer
doesn't want to pay for anything. If all companies did that, no one would
make any money and, arguably, the quality of software wouldn't be as
high as it is today. :)

> Btw, the best PC-only conferencing tool, XTX, has no audience !

I just came across another one the other day.. ICUII which seems quite
promising. The color was great. http://www.icuii.com