Re: ICUII, IVISIT (offtopic)

Tue, 28 Oct 1997 05:47:20 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Rolf Hemmerling wrote:
> ICUII does not yet work with the b/w Quickcam, the "extra" DLL file does
> not solve the problem

Odd..it works just fine with my Win95 machine and my B&W Quickcam (with
the latest 2.1 Quickcam drivers). ICUII beta 3 is what I have..works
great for me :) But then, it's still beta. I believe it's being produced
by summersoft...maybe http://www.summersoft.com I remember reading about
a video conferencing product from them about a year ago.

> IVISIT does *not* support the most popular audio hardware on the PC,
> the standard "Soundblaster 2.0 8-bit".

I don't see anywhere in the PDF file for iVisit 1.0 nor on the web page
anything which mentions incompatiblities or lack of support for the
SoundBlaster card. In fact, it has a check box for Full Duplex so you can
toggle it on and off if you card doesn't support it. From the docs:
"Check this box if you want to use full-duplex. Only audio cards that
support full-duplex can use this option. When you first install iVisit it=
=20
will always set the duplex mode to half-duplex even if you have a=20
full-duplex card."

> So I can=B4t use audio with my
> original Soundblaster-Pro (8-bit stereo, unidirectional)

You never get 8-bit stereo from ANY video conferencing program I know of.
Best you can hope for is 2 or 4 bit mono. As I said, try 1.0 out. They
love to hear about problems you may have...Their tech support is fairly
well for such a new product.