Re: Phones for MAC and PC

Ross Binnie (dianaros@vianet.on.ca)
Wed, 29 Oct 1997 20:31:00 -0500

I d/l XtX and installed it.
The app. seems to use push to send audio while freezing the video. The test
sites (I was able to connect to 3) put up snap shots. No video was shown.

I d/l iVisit and installed it.
Video was about par for Net video conferencing. The app. (in my opinion)
needs some work. Menus fill the screen. On some menus I could not see the
whole menu.

Both apps. do not clear the chat screen (not unique to these apps.) when
disconnecting. Also requires different actions to disconnect and close the
screen. Chat worked, albeit with considerable delay. Audio from XtX was
good (where is the video?). Audio in iVisit worked one way only in several
trial connections.

I would be pleased to try direct linkups with anyone who is interested in
trying these 2 apps. E-Mail to <dianaros@vianet.on.ca> and we can set up a
suitable time.

Ross

<dianaros@vianet.on.ca>