British Association Multicast

Ben Anderson (B.Anderson@lut.ac.uk)
Mon, 5 Sep 1994 13:25:28 -0400

>Date: Sun, 4 Sep 1994 17:49:58 +0100 (BST)
>From: "Jon P. Knight" <J.P.Knight@lut.ac.uk>
>Subject: British Association Multicast
>To: rem-conf@es.net
>Cc: Ben Anderson <B.Anderson@lut.ac.uk>, Martin Hamilton
><martin@mrrl.lut.ac.uk>
>

> "SCIENCE IN THE WORLD AROUND US"
>
>THE BRITISH ASSOCIATION ANNUAL FESTIVAL OF SCIENCE, 5-9 September 1994
>
> Loughborough University of Technology
>
> As part of this year's annual festival of science, the LUT's
> Department of Computer Studies, in collaboration with Computing
> Services and the British Association, hope to broad/multicast a
> selection of the Computer Science oriented lectures to the Internet
> world via the MBONE and CU-SeeMe video-conferencing tools.
>
>Multicast Schedule
>
> Note that all times are given as BST (= GMT +1)
>
> TUESDAY 6TH SEPTEMBER
>
> COMPUTING FOR THE FUTURE.
>
> Chair: Dr Clive Pugh (LUT)
>
> 09:00 - Session Starts
>

> _ Multimedia Interfaces_, _Prof. James L. Alty_ (LUT).
> _ Virtual Reality as a Creative Medium_, _Sean Clark_ (LUT).
>
> 10:30 - Coffee
> 11:00 - Session recommences
>
> _ Computers, Creativity and Emergence_, _Prof. Ernest
> A. Edmonds_ (LUT).
>
> 12:30 - Session Closes
> 14:30 - 16:30 Demonstrations by Department of Computer Science.
> (Will include some MBONE activity, although likely to be local
> only).
>
>The multicast sessions will be annouced via sd. We plan to have global
>audio and video of the three live seminars as well as a global whiteboard
>for copies of any slides the presenters may have and for feedback. We are
>also hoping to have a Mac running CUSeeMe connected to the LUTCHI
>reflector (153.125.110.113) so that the CUSeeMe/Maven universe can see and
>hear the seminars
>as well.

Note that this reflector is configured to accept BBC clients from the
following reflectors so they may well be relaying this multicast as well
(please try them first and see to reduce our network load).

198.86.40.1
152.2.22.97
136.187.80.2
158.36.33.3
158.36.33.5

Sorry about the late notice to CU-SeeMe'ers but we weren't sure if we could
get this set up in time.

>There is also a _slim_ possibility that we may also multicast a few
>further seminars from the BAAFS. Specifically we are looking at some
>seminars being held by members of EuroPARC which may interest the MBONE
>community. Unfortunately, these are being held in a different lecture
>theatre which is not networked, so the best that we could hope for would
>be to video these sessions and then multicast them ``offline''. If we do
>this we will probably defer the multicast until the following weekend to
>avoid clashing with other planned MBONE activity.
>
>The upto date program can be grabbed from <http://pipkin/~ben/BA.html>.
>Please email any comments or queries to B.Anderson@lut.ac.uk
>martin@mrrl.lut.ac.uk or J.P.Knight@lut.ac.uk.

cheers
Ben

Ben Anderson

Research Assistant, PhD Student and LUTCHI WWW Maintainer
(http://pipkin.lut.ac.uk/~ben/benhome.shtml) - note the 's' in .shtml!

..still searching for something (funny) to say.