RE: Burning Man on the Web - downloading images works now

Wed, 7 Sep 1994 01:58:11 -0400

At 18:50 9/6/94, larson@net.com (Alan Larson) wrote:

> The world's slowest server, I take it. It waws running 10 minutes
>and more before it would start to send the image from the time the
>request was sent and acknowledged by the end there.
> Image transfer typically took 5 to 10 seconds, once they finally
>started.

This is disturbing news. Is this a common response time for being served
by my server? It's a 486 running Linux and doing nothing else. Would
y'all wander a bit through my home pages at your convenience and tell me if
you're seeing this as typical. If so, I have a real problem because I
don't know what to do - it's a dedicated machine... :-(

Michael Sattler <msattler@wco.ftp.com>, FTP Software, West Coast Operations
Quality Assurance Manager
WWW = http://www.wco.ftp.com/~msattler/
Don't try to teach a pig to sing; it's a waste of time & it annoys the pig.