Re: CU-SeeMe68k0.70b8

J. Colin R. Hunter (chunter@umabnet.ab.umd.edu)
Thu, 8 Sep 1994 18:10:12 -0400

In message <aa94fe7d00021002add2@[128.253.97.21]> Rob Joyce writes:

> I have had problems too with 0.70b8's audio. I wrote in before about audio
> problems with b7, and b8 seems to have the same problems. Whenever I try
> to send audio, either with the squelch feature or clicking on the mic.
> icon, the meter works for about 1/2 second, then the computer crashes. The
> error hasn't changed from b7, either; it's still "User break at 002D2F34
> m_get+0048, not free but on free list". Receiving audio seems to be fine,
> as in your case. (I cannot send video; I have no camera). I'm using a
> Quadra 610, System 7.1 / S.M. 3.0.

Our Quadra 840AV doesn't crash or do anything untoward with b8. It just behaves
as if no microphone is connected. I checked the microphone/internal CD input CP
(even made it internal CD, then back to microphone) but no joy there. I never
saw b7 so don't know if same the audio problem was there as well.

Colin Hunter
Virology Laboratories, University of Maryland at Baltimore