Re: Text for lurkers? (addition)

Paul Flores (PAUL@mailserv.phoenix.net)
Tue, 13 Sep 1994 14:48:06 -0400

> Send reply to: "thommy" <thommy@symantec.com>
> From: "thommy" <thommy@symantec.com>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <cu-seeme-l@cornell.edu>
> Subject: Text for lurkers? (addition)
> Date sent: Mon, 12 Sep 1994 16:00:38 -0400

> Speaking of scrolling text, how _does_ one scroll text on a
> Windows-based system? And I've also seen still shots with the
> scrolling text....
>
> Thom

Fairly wierd to get this to work . . .

You must install the Drivers for a video capture card on your
machine... This will fool windows and CUSeeme into thinking it has
video capture capabilities. Once you do this, CUSeeme creates a
window telling you that there was an error initing the card, but it
continues to work anyway! After that, all you have to to his click on
your local windows (Which is probably static or wierd looking
garbage) and type! Text will scroll along the bottom as you type.

As far as the folks that got text to constatly go accros the
screen....
I haven't got a clue as to how they did that!

Paul Flores
Internet Services Manager
Phoenix Data Systems, Inc

Remember the Golden Rule :
He who has the gold, PAYS THE TAXES!!!!
(Unless you run for a prominent political post)