Re: Floating point coprocessor

Chris A. Gordon (cagg@interlog.com)
Wed, 14 Sep 1994 10:13:43 -0400

At 8:27 PM 9/13/94 -0400, Elliott Mitchell wrote:
>w-dick@uiuc.edu (William Dick) wrote:
>I've had the same difficulty with my 7100. My technical guru tells me
>there's a software FPU available for the Power Macintosh, but neither of us
>can locate it on the nets. Maybe somebody knows where it can be found.
>I'm told that it's dreadfully slow, but then it's gotta be faster than a
>crashed Mac :{)

Have you tried doing an [An]archie search for 'softfpu' or 'software-fpu'?
I believe that is the name of the file (or part of it), although I don't
know where it is. (Don't need it as my machine HAS an FPU 8-) ).

Chris

| Chris Gordon, EisWaer Software |
| A Tiny Little Division of digital Bears |
| E-mail: cagg@interlog.com |
/) chris_gordon@magic.ca (\
/ ) finger cagg@interlog.com for PGP public key ( \
(((\ \) /,) "'Artificial Intelligence' is not so much / ) / //)/
(\\\\ \_/ / an insult as a contradiction in terms" \ \_/ ////
\ / \ /
\ _/ \_ /