RE: small, grey squares

Mark A. Thornton (markt@eng.umd.edu)
Wed, 14 Sep 1994 17:00:43 -0400

Actually I had this problem using CUSM over CSLIP with Trumpet B6 and
CUSM .33. The UDP packets were getting broken up over CSLIP and
the bandwidth was too low to effectively refresh the screen. Switching to
CUSM .34.4 and Trumpet B14 has cured the problem. If you are using SLIP
make sure your MTU is at least 512 because most of the UDP packets sent
seem to top this. If the packets are larger than your MTU (or rather MSS) then
these packets will be lost because SLIP doesn't handle fragmentation. The
refresh packet would also presumeably be appx. the same size, hence you would
never see that particular area filled with video.

--
Mark Thornton	"Let the Good Times Roll!"