Re: 840AV video input problems

Gary Hanna (hanna@falcon.cc.ukans.edu)
Thu, 22 Sep 1994 14:57:24 -0400

On Thu, 22 Sep 1994, James Hill wrote:

> My 840AV has begun 'scrambling' all video input from both the s-video and
> composite input ports. Complete trash. I called Apple and they were, big
> suprise, of no use whatsoever.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?

Sounds more like a hardware problem. Do you feel safe in opening up
your case? The next thing I'd do if I were in your situation would be to
take out your AV card and put it back in, making sure it is seated
tightly. Be careful in there. If you're not too comfortable doing this,
get some help from someone who is.
I had a similar problem in our department lately. A 7100 had really
garbled video. We first tried software solutions and none of them made
any difference. We then tried using different cables, and that didn't
help either. I reseated the AV card... no help. So, I put in a different
AV card from another 7100, and it worked just fine. So, it was the AV
card itself that was bad. We're currently in the process of getting a
replacement for it.

Good day eh, Gary Hanna hanna@falcon.cc.ukans.edu
Univ. of Kansas, Special Education