Re: Firewalls and CU-Seeme

Richard Cogger (R.Cogger@cornell.edu)
Fri, 23 Sep 1994 12:01:07 -0400

At 10:20 AM 9/23/94, <jpulver@cantor.com> wrote:
>Has anybody written (or considered writing) a proxy server for CU-Seeme?
>My request to have UDP port 7648 turned on was turned down; I enjoy the
>use of CU-SeeME at work - but only when I'm on the other side of our firewall.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeff Pulver
What you might try doing is to get your security admins to run a reflector
on the same machine (or in parallel) as the firewall. That wouldn't allow
you to connect out, but you could get others to connect in to you. In a
future version, we may provide the means to have a reflector establish
connections when stimulated by an appropriately identified participant.
Anyway, you can point out to the security folks that the reflector is
available in source, so they can inspect it to be sure it doesn't do
anything they don't want done.

-Dick