Re: "disconnect" problems

John Dupuy (jdupuy@bigcat.missouri.edu)
Fri, 23 Sep 1994 19:09:24 -0400

On Fri, 23 Sep 1994, Robert R. Cook wrote:
> At 10:31 PM 9/22/94 -0400, jpulver@cantor.com wrote:
>
> > If there is something I can do to correct this, I'd appreciate knowing
> > about it.
> I have the same problem w/ thw Windows version. Try this: Shrink the video
> window down to an icon before you issue the "Disconnect" command to Cu-SeeMe

I too had with sporadic re-connection when I tried to disconnect. The
problem seems to be related to bandwidth. When I recently attached to a
direct 56K link instead of SLIP (with Trumpet Winsock), the problem went
away. In fact, disconnection is rock solid now.

Does closing or iconizing a window prevent the reflector site from
sending update packets?

John (jdupuy@bigcat.missouri.edu)