RE: CU Reflector- b10 required

Richard Cogger (R.Cogger@cornell.edu)
Tue, 27 Sep 1994 14:43:48 -0400

At 12:58 PM 9/27/94, Mr. Delbert K. Matlock wrote:
>>From: cu-seeme-l
>>To: Multiple recipients of list
>>Subject: CU Reflector- b10 required
>>Date: Tuesday, September 27, 1994 12:46PM
>>
>>Folks,
>> Cornell's reflector, 132.236.91.204, will soon require the use of
>>CU-SeeMe0.70b10 or later (for the Mac). This version corrects a problem
>>which caused extra work for the reflector as participants come and go.
>>Windows versions did not have this problem, but we recommend version 0.34b4
>>although it is not enforced.
>
>What is this going to do to those of us living in the Microsoft Windows
>environment? It appears that Windows development is starting to lag
>significantly behind that of Macintosh development.
>
> --dkm
Ummm... Actually, in this case, the Windows version *has been* ahead. The
problem fixed in the Mac version didn't exist in the Windows version, hence
didn't need to be fixed. Windows development started about 15 months after
Mac development, and we have now narrowed that gap to perhaps 9 months. We
plan to pull it into about 2 months or less within the year, if we can.

Cheers, -Dick