Good News on Problem

Dick Ivan (Dick_Ivan@smtp.esl.com)
Thu, 29 Sep 1994 15:43:48 -0400

Subject: Time: 11:55 AM
OFFICE MEMO Good News on Problem Date: 9/29/94

Dick- Sorry to bother you but after throwing away the CuSeeMe preferences I
was able to have the Power Mac 8100 connect to my 840 AV. We still may have a
problem, because I had to connect to the 8100 versus the other way around.
Could the Your Name settings be the problem? I feel a litte better but am
still confused as to why it worked one way and not the other. Does this sound
like a new 7.5 bug?

I also just found out that the PowerMac AV Macs only use a S-video connector.
Does anyone know how I can get a RCA jack out to S-video in convertor so I
can connect the Howard Enterprises camera to the 8100 AV?

Dick- Thanks for your prompt reply. I forgot to ask an important question.
Does CuSeeMe work with Apple System 7.5 using the 8100 AV PowerMac in native
code? This question came up today because we are having trouble with B10 on
an 8100 Macintoosh with the video spigot nubus card. We can see others and
they can hear but the video from the 8100 doesn't transmit across the
network. This system was working with B9 on Apple System 7.1.2 last week
before we changed to system 7.5 and B10.

My main concern is that the 8100 AV system could also have a problem on 7.5.
Based on your recommendations, I am planning to order two 8100AV systems for
the top executives to communicate between San Fransisco and San Diego and I
hoped to use 7.5 to get the best Power PC support. Please let me know if this
configuration will work. Again thanks for your replies. It really helps!