Re: Camera into Serial Porthmmm..

Richard Cogger (R.Cogger@cornell.edu)
Fri, 30 Sep 1994 13:43:09 -0400

As I keep trying to tell everyone:

The Connectix camera WON'T WORK for CU-SeeMe.

Until we fix the program to work with it, which may be real easy or may
not. Right now, CU-SeeMe (for the Mac) checks for Spigot, MacAV, or
ComputerEyesRT. It will not accept anything else. The only way Connectix
could work would be for them to supply a vdig that claimed to be one of the
above and responded the same way to the other calls we use. If we get a
sample with their vdig, we can probably get it working pretty quickly. But
don't expect to just buy one (when that's possible), plug it in and go. It
WON'T WORK period.

Cheers, -Dick