Re: One-Way CuSeeMe?

Richard Collins (rcollins@mirror.det.mun.ca)
Sat, 2 Sep 1995 05:04:31 -0230

We are presently running an arrangement very similar to what you
suggest. We are broadcasting via sattelite courses around our province.
We then receive return video from each of our College sites via the
internet. Our smallest link is a 19,200 standard analogue phone link
that's not bad and averages 30-35 kbs. That gives good one-way video but
I doubt audio would be much good at that rate. We are bringing the
return audio back via the standard audio teleconferencing system. Maybe
audio might have worked ok with a perfect 28,800 link but our arrangement
works well.