Anon.penet.fi

Turk (turkbros@interaccess.com)
Sat, 2 Sep 1995 12:53:31 -0600

>Date: Fri, 1 Sep 1995 14:08:18 +0300 (EET DST)
>From: Keinanen Vesa <vjk@relevantum.fi>
>To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>Subject: WARNING: cu-seeme-l will expose your anon.penet.fi email account
>
>Just yesterday I sent message to this list. As a reply I got
>message from anon.penet.fi anonymous mail services saying that I've
>been assigned anonymous mail account. This means, that copy of my
>mail went to address anxxxxx@anon.penet.fi.
>
>This is more serious that it first sounds. That anonymous recipient can
>expose anonymous mail accounts of everyone who sends mail to
>this list. He may have signed in this list twice so he will see normal
>copies AND anonymized copies of every message. It's just piece of cake to
>collect lists of mail addresses and corresponding anon accounts
>this way.
>
>To this list maintainer:
> PLEASE DON'T LET ANY ANONYMOUS ACCOUNTS ON THIS (OR ANY) MAILING LIST.
>
>To everybody:
> IF YOU HAVE ANON.PENET.FI ACCOUNT, DON'T SEND MAIL TO THIS LIST.
>
>VK
>--
>Vesa Keinanen Nasilinnankatu 24 D, 33210 Tampere, Finland
>Relevantum Oy Phone +358 31 2147200, Fax +358 31 2147402

The anon.penet.fi server is now a joke after the christan scientists raid.
Also American and other foriegn inteligence agencies can pick mail right
off it and see the original sender at their will, they have the system in
thier pockets. Nothing that gets done today over the internet is anonymous
to the CIA or NSA, they spend thier entire day watching packets these days
as they have nothing better to define thier jobs with now that the cold war
and all is over.
If you are using the anon server be sure to understand that it has
been compromised and will continue to be. The only true security is 1024
bit public key encryption. And fromwhat I have read soon that will be
unsafe also.

Turk