Re: White Pine-MacWeek News

Rogene Talento (labrat@teleport.com)
Fri, 8 Sep 1995 20:42:14 -0700

At 07:16 PM 9/7/95 -0500, Roger Lee Boston wrote:

>Well if what you quote below is true the product may be well OVER PRICED
>as I am not clear they they propose anything that "Vidcall" from MRA
>Associates already HAS anad has had for many months (and VIDCALL can be
>acquired for half the price: TWO copies for $99.00).
>
>So listreaders -- am I missing something here or is White Pine playing
>catch-up to VIDCALL?

Vidcall is different for a couple of reasons.

First, it does not support sound. Secondly, it only operates via point to
point or direct modem connection. There is no such thing as multi-cast or
reflectors.
Perhaps Vidcall will play catch up with CU-Seeme in these areas...

Rogene
| labrat@teleport.com | Internet Services |
| http://www.teleport.com/~labrat/ | for the Northwest |
| IPhone, CU-Seeme, Canucks, & Karaoke! | Portland, OR, USA |