Re: Picture

Matthew Sanderson (matthews@noc.tor.hookup.net)
Mon, 11 Sep 1995 01:44:18 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 11 Sep 1995, Howard Tweddle wrote:
> I get exactly the same thing. It's very frustrating. What it seems like is
<snip>
> how long I stay connected, there's always a few blocks left of the startup
> screen. It's like it's "forgetting" to transmit some parts of the picture...
> Anybody else have these symptoms?

Yes - everyone connected by dialup. Our (14.4/28.8) link can't accept all
the data sent, and that which is thrown away would fill in your "missing
blocks". The pair Foeredrag i Lund/Fast (Sweden) 130.235.4.10
and Foeredrag i Lund/Slow 130.235.4.11 are a good example of how the
reflector can be set up for "fast" or "slow" clients.

/ Matthew Sanderson CS: 70733,2700 'net: matthews@hookup.net \
\ http://www.hookup.net/~matthews /