Re: Trouble w/ TARGA+

Dan Arthur (dan_arthur@quickmail.truevision.com)
12 Sep 1995 14:54:00 -0500

Bryan:
I have not yet attempted CU-SeeMe w/ a TARGA+, but given what I know of =
the card & what I've read, the TARGA+ is compatible w/ CU-SeeMe through =
Microsoft Video for Windows. If you don't have that, you'll need to get =
it 1st (I don't know where anymore). If/once you have VfW, the TARGA+ is =
subject to a memory limitation under MS-VfW of a MAXIMUM of about 14MB of =
system RAM. This is because MS-VfW puts the card in a linear-mapped =
memory mode & the limitation is due to the maximum amount of addressable =
memory via the ISA bus - there is no known work around this! You have to =
drop to 14MB or less. If this is still not the issue, MS-VfW also =
requires that a free IRQ be assigned to the TARGA+. Default =
configuration for the TARGA+ is to have NO IRQ, so you will need to =
check/change your dip switch setting to assign an IRQ to the card.
-Dan

Original message excerpts: