Re: Audio Only?

Greg Schwartz (schmegs@nwu.edu)
Wed, 13 Sep 1995 02:09:44 -0500

At 9:40 PM, 9/12/95, mdallen@hadwen.com wrote:
>...I have a PC and a business partner of mine has a Mac. We want to be able
>to use the internet as a telephone...
>
>I would suggest you try Netphone. I have had success on a 14.4 modem with
>this software. The only thing I am not sure of is whether or not it is
>cross platform. (I suppose you could consider buying a Mac...) You can
>locate it at "http://www.emagic.com/netphone/npdemo.html" on the Web.

Netphone is not yet cross platform, but I got a message from Emagic
saying they should have a Windows version out by the end of the year.
Until then, unless you have a high bandwith connection (ISDN or
higher), there's nothing terribly reliable out there. . .

Greg

Greg Schwartz schmegs@nwu.edu (preferred)
Radio/TV/Film Northwestern University schmegs@aol.com
http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~schmegs/dreamland.html