Re: PC audio with Quickcam

markh@ccmailgw.analogy.com
Fri, 1 Sep 1995 11:28:04 -0700

Well that's one area that I have been prepping a little ahead on. I
have been working with the different PCMCIA sound cards that are
currently available. So far I was able to try the Media Vision and New
Media's Sound SCSI Combo. I wasted most of my day on Saturday trying
to install the Media Vision card, and was never able to get it to
install in a configuration that did not lock my system up. It's now
sitting on my office floor waiting to be returned to the place of
purchase. The following Sunday Afternoon I purchased the New Media
card and within an hour had a complete plug and play setup working
with my system including hooking to a portable Reno CD player (the
best thing Media Vision ever produced). The New Media sound card works
great with CUSEEME and almost all of the Games that I have tried with
it. Now all I need is for my supplier to deliver the QuickCams that I
have on order, and I'll be in business! Does Connectix have any
advanced information on what will be required to install it on a
Windows system? I would like to make sure that I have the appropriate
IRQ's and memory available, so I can dive in and be working as soon as
I have it.

Mark Holm markh@analogy.com
Analogy, Inc.
P.O. Box 1669 Phone (503)626-9700
Beaverton, Oregon 97075-1669 Fax (503)643-3361