Subject: RE: DONT NEED VID TO SEND VID!!!!
Author: parnoul@chouette.saclay.cea.fr at DDN/Internet
Date: 9/19/95 1:54 PM

Date: Tue, 19 Sep 1995 16:57:29 +0200
Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
From: Patrick Arnoul <parnoul@chouette.saclay.cea.fr>
To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>

| It puts a face to a voice and would also allow you to type on the =
| screen. Remembering that CUSeeme only transmits the info that changes =
| it wouldn't take much bw. It is exactly equivalent to the "freeze" =
| option that exists for those with cameras. Good Idea!

Yup, this feature exists on the Unix CUSM "competitor" called "NV", you can
(by moving the mouse pointer" send out virtually anything that is displayed
on you computer screen. Even moving images within the standard image size. It
provides this way the compatibility you would like to have with any
application. Kind of. Smart anyway. With this NV feature, you're not a lurker
just because you don't have a video frame grabber !

CUSM should go for it (put on the TODO list...).

Enjoy,

Patrick