Re: Point to point connection via a phone line

Chuck Elliot (C.Elliot@shu.ac.uk)
Thu, 21 Sep 1995 09:54:35 -0400

I don't know if MSWinsock has SLIP facility. If not,
Trumpet is available shareware.

In Trumpet and LWP the SLIP connection is 'scriptable'.
(it can also be done manually).
You set one end to auto answer and just turn on the
SLIP protocol with a script command. Set the IPs to some
known values (eg. 7.7.7.7 and 8.8.8.8) and that's it. CU-SeeMe
will need a local hosts file with the hostname and IP in it
e.g.

7.7.7.7 monkey

Start CUSM up and connect to 8.8.8.8 (which you should already have CUSM
running on).