Re: help re: pc <---> mac software

allain@panix.com
Thu, 21 Sep 1995 21:42:20 -0400

> Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 00:49:51 -0400
> From: psentner@dns.city-net.com (paul sentner)

> ...has anyone successful first-hand experience with software which allows a
> pc to read/write (and format?) a 3.5" floppy disk for a mac?
> Thank you.
> --paul-- paul sentner
> pittsburgh, pennsylvania

I have success Finding such a program, called MAC-ETTE.
(ftp://rever.nmsu.edu/pub/macfaq/macette.zip, 44,067 bytes)
Here is some of its description:

"Mac-ette is a PC utility which can read, write, format and duplicate
Macintosh
HFS format 1.4 Meg diskettes on a PC equipped with a 3.5 inch high density
diskette drive...
...Mac-ette can access 1.4 Meg diskettes, but not 400K or 800K disks. These
disks
can't be read on a PC without special hardware."

------
John.A