RE: Help me, please.

Thomas E. Amato (tom@ferreira.com)
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 8:57:27 -0700 (PDT)

From bdt!cornell.edu!owner-CU-SEEME-L Mon Sep 25 23:03:44 1995
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 95 13:44:00 PDT
Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
From: "Ledwith, Steven x1424" <plant1.pcnet.net.com!ke6822@kaisere.com>
To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
Subject: RE: Help me, please.

If CUSeeMe can be used with a PC and AOL - Can CUSeeMe also be
used with a Mac and AOL. Are there any instructions anywhere?

-Thomas Amato-
tom@ferriera.com

Yes, you can use AOL with cu-seeme. Log on to AOL and go to the Internet
section. Download AOL's winsock.dll and follow the installation
instructions. Also download wsping. In the same directory that you place
your winsock.dll add a file called hosts with no extension. You can create
it in notepad. It needs to contain your IP address and a name on the first
line. AOL will give you a different IP address every time you log on. Use
the folowing sequence:

1 - log on to AOL
2 - run wsping to get your IP address
3 - edit the IP address in your hosts file to match the one from wsping
4 - run cu-seeme