RE: Help me, please.

Kathy Robertson (kathyr@moore.k12.ok.us)
Tue, 26 Sep 1995 16:39:01 -0600

I was under the direct impression that Telnet capabilities were not
available for Macs on AOL. Last week I talked with two different techs in
"Tech Live", and was told the procedure to follow for IBM...but so far none
for Mac. (Unless, of course, they have developed this in the past week.)

At 8:57 AM 9/26/95, Thomas E. Amato wrote:
> From bdt!cornell.edu!owner-CU-SEEME-L Mon Sep 25 23:03:44 1995
> Date: Mon, 25 Sep 95 13:44:00 PDT
> Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
> From: "Ledwith, Steven x1424" <plant1.pcnet.net.com!ke6822@kaisere.com>
> To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
> Subject: RE: Help me, please.
>
>If CUSeeMe can be used with a PC and AOL - Can CUSeeMe also be
>used with a Mac and AOL. Are there any instructions anywhere?
>
>-Thomas Amato-
>tom@ferriera.com
>
> Yes, you can use AOL with cu-seeme. Log on to AOL and go to the Internet
> section. Download AOL's winsock.dll and follow the installation
> instructions. Also download wsping. In the same directory that you place
> your winsock.dll add a file called hosts with no extension. You can create
> it in notepad. It needs to contain your IP address and a name on the first
> line. AOL will give you a different IP address every time you log on. Use
> the folowing sequence:
>
> 1 - log on to AOL
> 2 - run wsping to get your IP address
> 3 - edit the IP address in your hosts file to match the one from wsping
> 4 - run cu-seeme
>

> ----------
> From: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
> To: CU-SEEME-L%cornell.edu
> Subject: Help me, please.
> Date: Sunday, September 24, 1995 1:31AM
>
> We have 2 computers, a Pentium 90 and 100, both with Cardinal 28.8 modems,
> Diamond Stealth Video Cards, and Connectix Quickcams. We have downloaded
> the
> CU See Me software but now are confused. Do we now need to sign up for a
> real internet provider like Pipleine USA or can we use AOL like we do now?
> Also, I now have read that with Windows/Intel machines we can't get audio.
> Is this still true? Also, can we just call each other up directly or must
> we use the internet to call?

Kathy Robertson**Chance favors the prepared mind.