Re: Is 28.8 too slow?

Ian Carr-de Avelon (avelon@phys.uva.nl)
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 10:30:06 +0200

At 00:39 28-09-95 -0700, Keith Finnegan wrote:
>I can't seem to get any Cuseeme windows to open completely when I
>connect to a test reflector. I can get partial images, but there
>dosen't seem to be enough packets transmitted to provide me with
>info to decode.

Each CU-SeeMe frame has the squares which have changed since the last frame.
Those frames which have not changed are only sent every few seconds. Some
packets are lost, so it may take several attempts before an unchanged square
gets through for the first time, or for a square which you missed when it
changed to be sent again. Having a faster line yourself would help, but if
the other end sends slower that also helps.
Yours
Ian
* Ian Carr-de Avelon avelon@phys.uva.nl *
* http://www.lmg.com/krzyzowa/avelon.htm *