Re: a proposal [?] -Reply

Paul Rumelhart (paulr@uidaho.edu)
Thu, 28 Sep 1995 08:59:14 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 27 Sep 1995, Tom Creedon wrote:

> The [A] for any or all sounds like a good idea. I would go with all
> myself. Any thoughts on how to handle messages that are not about
> hardware and software? What if someone want to ask a question about
> the best reflector in China for example?
>
> Thomas
> creedont@ohsu.edu

> On Wed, 27 Sep 1995, Tom Creedon wrote:
>
> *stuff deleted*
>
> > > This is a message about CU-SeeMe on the Macintosh [M]
> > > This is a message about CU-SeeMe on Windows [W]
> > > This is a message about CU-SeeMe on Unix [U]
> <snip>
>
> Very good idea! The single-letter identifier leaves maximum space in
> the subject line. Do you think an [A] for "all" or "any" (platform)
> might work better than [?]
>
> / Matthew Sanderson CS: 70733,2700 'net: matthews@hookup.net \
> \ http://www.hookup.net/~matthews /

If nothing else, some listservs apparantly have the capability to put a
header on the subject line. A simple "[CU-SEEME-L] " at the beginning of
the subject line would be great for people like myself who subscribe to
way too many lists and have to look into all "Help!" posts to see where
they came from :)

Paul Rumelhart | The opinions above are mine, and not those of
University of Idaho | the voices which tell me what to do.
paulr@uidaho.edu | http://www.uidaho.edu/~paulr