Re: TV capture/display card research

Mike Womble (rmwomble@[137.25.2.91])
Fri, 29 Sep 1995 15:29:32 -0500

> From: "Sgt Daniel W. Erskine" <derskine@safb.af.mil>
> To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
> Subject: TV capture/display card research

>Greetings:
> Thank you for the information about the "QuickCam" capture card.
>Question:
>Does this card provide television emulation (TV in a window), along
>with the
>movie capture abilities??? I believe that most TV emulators require
>the
>feature connector on your video card to operate. My ATI Mach64 video
>card
>refuses to acknowledge the feature connector as such. Is there any
>other
>products that provide TV emulation without the use of the feature
>connector?

Dan or Sarge :)

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've been reading
about the "QuickCam" it connects to your parallel port so apparently
there is no card with the device.

I'm considering purchasing one also so I'm a little curious to how it
works also with the parallel port if someone can enlighten us.

Good Luck
Mike Womble
rmw@c3po.alloys.rmc.com