Re: CuSeeMe and TIA

Enrique Z Chavez (echavez@as.arizona.edu)
Sat, 30 Sep 1995 08:47:41 -0700 (MST)

On Sat, 30 Sep 1995, dkaegi wrote:

> I also use a SIP emulator (slirp in my case) and haven't been able to get
> Cu-SeeMe to work. I suspect two things are responsible (If I'm wrong, please
> correct me, someone).
> The first may be your connection speed. You do need at least 14.4 for video
> and unless you have 28.8 nominal, your audio is awful.
>
> The second is related to the fact that CU-SeeMe needs to have an internet
> address at both ends(remote and local) and using the emulation software
> doesn't provide CU-SeeMe with the input it needs.

try redirecting a port in your .slirprc file:
redir udp 7648 to 10.0.2.15:7648 #redir CuSeeMe port

then connect as "<host ip address> 7648". redirection will throw you into
your
remote machine and allow cuseeme to work.

Enrique Z Chavez echavez@as.arizona.edu
Univeristy of Arizona http://hercules.as.arizona.edu/~echavez