Re: Re[2]: Cornell CUSeeMe V.1 & Lan/DialUP Mixed Environment

Ray Mercer (raymer@macnica.co.jp)
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 09:02:08 +0900

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Jarvi <Alan.Jarvi@noaa.gov>
To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
Date: Monday, August 31, 1998 9:05 PM
Subject: Re[2]: Cornell CUSeeMe V.1 & Lan/DialUP Mixed Environment

> I run Cornell v1.0 on my Windows 98 just fine.

Thanks. That is good to hear. I'm using a Winnov PCI with 2.6 drivers
and I have a mixed Lan/PPP Internet connection.

> You might try
> uninstalling and then reinstalling the v1.0 software.

"uninstalling"? You mean delete the cu-seeme.ini file? delete the EXE?

> What type of
> GPF's? Doesn't it usually name a bad module?

Yes. kernel32.dll :-)

Well I'm finally up and running!
After changing to grayscale codec(in CU) and RGB-8 video format (in the
Winnov driver) I was able to connect without a crash. Then I switched back
to MJPEG and switched to RGB-H (16bit) and I got color! This v.1 sure is
sweet. Keep up the good work Steve!

Regards,
Ray Mercer
Lead Developer, LiveMail 2.0