Re: Connection problem

John A. Booher (jabee@cts.com)
Tue, 1 Sep 1998 20:12:20 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_000A_01BDD5E4.D2E191E0

Thanks Scott for the encouraging words. I am still struggling with the =
(Dooin) Brooktree video card. =20
I set the format to RGB24 all hunky-dory but CU-SEEME pukes immediatly =
as soon as a video data connection is made. From what I can tell I need =
to get past that point to be able to select the M-JPEG format. I get =
application errors and a permanent square hole in the screen that wont =
go away until I reboot. I'd Reeeaaaly like to get this card to sing =
because it is a multifunction (monitor video out, video capture, TV, and =
sound card all in 1) card and saves 2 slots in this little machine that =
is about out of slots & IRQ's. If you have got any more of those =
encouraging words I'd love to hear them :-) -JB
-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Breseke <halo@dnai.com>
To: jabee@cts.com <jabee@cts.com>
Date: Sunday, August 30, 1998 10:27 PM
Subject: Re: Connection problem

The Brooktree chips works great with CU. Set card's video format to =
rgb24 and CU's vid codec to M-JPEG and all will be hunky-dory....the =
Intel Indeo codec causes the crashes.

Infinity7

At 01:33 PM 8/30/98 -0700, you wrote:=20

The DOOIN brand video card that I have been trying to use with =
CU-SEE-ME also uses the Brooktree chip set. I find that I get =
'unsuported vodeo mode' errors and CU-see-me locks up the PC often as =
well. I think that there is some incompatibility with the Brooktree =
chipset. As an additional possible non-coincidence I too have a Diamond =
MM Supra modem. I know someone here in San Diego that works at =
Rockwell (formerly Brooktree) and have not as yet been able to enroll =
him into help with a solution. I am probably going to try a different =
video capture card. Any additional descriptions of the failures may =
motivate a response from Rockwell. -JB=20
-----Original Message-----=20