Re: doesn't work

Mark Andrew Nassy (nassy@flash.net)
Fri, 4 Sep 1998 06:58:00 -0400

At 1:35 AM -0400 on 9/4/98, CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu wrote:

> CU-SEEME-L Digest 1596
>
> Topics covered in this issue include:

> 4) doesn't work
> by "Sebastian Di Nardo" <casares@interlink.com.ar>

> ------------------------------

> Date: Thu, 03 Sep 1998 17:34:33 +0000
> From: "Sebastian Di Nardo" <casares@interlink.com.ar>
> To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
> Subject: doesn't work

> I got the last Cu-see-me for mac (Mac .87b3), and I tryed to connect whith a
> Pc. I don't have cammera, but I have microfone, and the audio doesn't work,

one of the following suggestions may help:

switch the audio codec to delta mod 16 in cu-seeme.

if you use mac os 8.1 with the built-in audio source:
turn off virtual memory in the memory control panel, and

switch your outgoing audio quality to 22.050 khz in the monitors and
sound control panel .

if you have mac os 8.1 set the sound monitoring source to "sound in" in
your monitors and sound control panel; if you have mac os 8.0 set the sound
monitoring source to "microphone" in your monitors and sound control panel;
or, select "microphone" as your input source if you use the sound control
panel.

request the person with the pc switch their audio codec to delta mod 16 if
necessary.

to test your audio settings you can connect to a self reflecting reflector.
try connecting to the following reflector with cuseeme:

if you do not already have it installed you may wish to consider the
shareware geektalk plug in for cuseeme:

you may be able to set your geektalk to speak the text the person with the
pc types in your text chat window using either the male or female mexican
spanish (or american english) voices.

Mark Andrew Nassy,
<MAILTO:nassy@flash.net>