Re: CuSeeMe @ Ethernet

Gary Dietz (gdietz@wpine.com)
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 14:05:30 -0400

At 12:31 PM 9/10/98 -0400, Peter Poltorak wrote:

>Has anyone implemented the CuSeeMe over LAN?
>
>I have tried to do so but the video and audio was just as poor as going
>through the Internet. Has anyone been able to achieve better results?

Which version of CU?

Which audio codecs?

What hardware?

What level of audio driver?

What kind of Mic?

What processor speed?

How much RAM?

At LAN speeds, with proper bandwidth available, point to point and
MeetingPoint hosted CU conferences work really well for us... I use CU
3.11 on a Pent 166 with 10 base T and 64Mb ram with a headset all of the
time...

Gary

Gary Dietz     White Pine Software, Incorporated
garyd@wpine.com             http://www.wpine.com
ClassPoint(tm), MeetingPoint(tm), and CU-SeeMe(R)