Re: Install QuickAm VC over QuickCAm B/W

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 15:26:11 -0500

At 04:02 PM 9/11/98 +0100, Kevin Lawless wrote:
>I have recently installed a QuickCam VC on a pentium system under Win95
>revision'a'. I still had a previous installation for a back and white
>QuickCam cameraand installed the new camera software without an uninstall
>of the previous software. All I seem to get is an image with vertical
>stripes which change in hue from left to right. The image indicates the
>camera does not seem to detect any sense of movement in front of the lens
>although there is no definition in the image to draw any real conclusion.
>The video board is an ATI xpert@play with 8Mb of ram whilst system memory
>is 64Mb. Can anyone recall a similar display when theyfirst installed..?
>I'm hoping a bit of tinkering with drivers wil sort this out but I have a
>nasty feeling the camera may be faulty. Any ideas..?
>
>Thanks
>Kevin
>Kevin Lawless
>Dept of Geography
>University of Southampton (UK)

Which version of CU are you using? You should be able to select the VC as
your capture device instead of the B&W QuickCam and then go to your video
format settings to make final adjustments.

If you're using the Cornell 1.0 version, keep in mind that the video SIZE
must be set to 160X120 or 320X240 (not recommended since it transmits 4
times as much data at that size) to work with that version. The QC VC
seems to default to QCIF 172Xsomething for some reason. If you're using
the White Pine version, I don't think that's a problem, but don't quote me
on that, since I don't have one of those cameras to test with.

Bill Woodland <squeek@cu-seeme.net> http://cu-seeme.net/squeek