Re: Install QuickAm VC over QuickCAm B/W

Jerry Singleton (jsingleton@premier.net)
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 17:30:31 -0500

You will need to Uninstall the QuickCam B/W and THEN install the VC. It does
not like to be installed over the B/W.

Jerry Singleton

> At 04:02 PM 9/11/98 +0100, Kevin Lawless wrote:
> >I have recently installed a QuickCam VC on a pentium system under Win95
> >revision'a'. I still had a previous installation for a back and white
> >QuickCam cameraand installed the new camera software without an uninstall
> >of the previous software. All I seem to get is an image with vertical
> >stripes which change in hue from left to right. The image indicates the
> >camera does not seem to detect any sense of movement in front of the lens
> >although there is no definition in the image to draw any real conclusion.
> >The video board is an ATI xpert@play with 8Mb of ram whilst system memory
> >is 64Mb. Can anyone recall a similar display when theyfirst installed..?
> >I'm hoping a bit of tinkering with drivers wil sort this out but I have a
> >nasty feeling the camera may be faulty. Any ideas..?
> >
> >Thanks
> >Kevin
> >Kevin Lawless
> >Dept of Geography
> >University of Southampton (UK)

       S T A R K I L L E R    W E B    S E R V I C E S
 w w w . b o o m e r s d o m a i n . c o m / s t a r k i l l e r
5 0 4 . 9 2 3 . 0 7 6 0   ( V )    5 0 4 . 9 2 3 . 2 9 3 6   ( F )
      W E B    E X C E L L E N C E    B Y    D E S I G N