Re: CUSEEME UDP's, bans, remapping sockets

Mike Pelletier (mikep@comshare.com)
Sun, 8 Sep 1996 11:29:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 8 Sep 1996, George Neervoort wrote:

> My beloved ISP banned CUSEEME by disabling all CUSEEME (UDP) packets.
> I think it is possible to write a little program that runs on a machine
> which DOES receive the UDP's and resends them via another port number to a
> little program that runs on my system and remaps it back to the original
> socket (=port&ip address).
> Is there anybody who can give some comment on this?
> Thanks in advance,

Perhaps you should take it up with your ISP, who probably had what he
considered a good reason for disabling these packets. Perhaps the
statistics showed bandwidth hogging going on that was causing problems for
other users. You won't know until you ask, and trying to make an end run
around your ISP sysadmin won't win you any points.

-Mike Pelletier.