Re: CUSEEME UDP's, bans, remapping sockets

jwf2@slip.net
Sun, 8 Sep 1996 10:17:50 +0000

> Date: Sun, 08 Sep 1996 16:18:52 +0200
> From: George Neervoort <giorgio@xs4all.nl>
> To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
> Subject: CUSEEME UDP's, bans, remapping sockets

> My beloved ISP banned CUSEEME by disabling all CUSEEME (UDP) packets.
> I think it is possible to write a little program that runs on a machine
> which DOES receive the UDP's and resends them via another port number to a
> little program that runs on my system and remaps it back to the original
> socket (=port&ip address).
> Is there anybody who can give some comment on this?
> Thanks in advance,
>
> George
>
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~giorgio
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~giorgio
> iphone,vdophone,cinevideo,cuseeme,powwow
>

> Why even put up with an ISP that does this?? If there so concerned
about bandwidth, they should not be in the ISP business. If my
grocery store started to not carry a brand of milk that I like, I
would advise them of this, and then move on to the next one.

In this day and age with the state of the "net", I would move in a
minute, ISP's are a dime a dozen these days. Most are price setting
at $19.95/Mo. unlimited connect time, so why hassle for something
that there supposed be providing you?

Shop @ "http://www.thelist.com/"

ASta,

Joe