Re:CU-SeeMe and Snappy

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sun, 08 Sep 1996 14:59:09 -0500

>Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 13:07:13 -0500 (CDT)
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: henwade@neosoft.com (Wade Henderson)
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: CU-SeeMe and Snappy
>
>I have read all of the information on using CuSeeMe with Snappy and have
>been succesful getting it work with CUDoodle. However, I have a couple of
>questions.
>
>1. Is there anyway to permanently disable the sleep mode? I have set the
>POWERSAVE option to FALSE, but it still goes into sleep when the Snappy
>application is not the "selected" application. It makes it kind of hard to
>type chat and still have a video session.

David at ArtaMedia suggests editing the snappy.ini file and setting the
PowerSaver to False and the ShowProgress to False for best results. Perhaps
the ShowProgress=false would help, or try setting it to true...i don't HAVE
a snappy, but let us know how this goes.

>2. While I have a very crisp image in the Preview window of Snappy, the
>image in my local window of CuSeeMe has grey-scale banding (maybe this is a
>CUDoodle problem). I can take the banding away if I switch to color, but
>most people don't want you to transmit color and some reflectors don't
>support it.
>
>Hope this makes sense.
>Thanks,
>Wade
>

>From cudoodle.txt:

Bugs

It doesn't work very well with 256-color Windows. The
palette gets messed up... Use the HiColor (16-bit) mode
if you can...

Hope this helps.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC