Re: WPine EnCU-SeeMe ok under OS/2 Warp

Jacqueline Chados (jackie@sri.webmate.com)
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 09:36:36 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 10 Sep 1996, Jeffrey Dean wrote:

> Sorry if this isn't news... The only reference to OS/2 I've seen yet was in
> the info included with CU's version, where they state "we're not porting to
> OS/2".

It's a real shame that they are ignoring OS/2. What a great thing it would
be to have CUSeeMe available as an OpenDoc component! And from my
experience, if they wrote to OpenDoc, it would, with relatively few
changes, compile fine for WinDoze! And it is so much more pleasant to code
in something like the Visual Age C++ developers' environment than in any
of the Windoze developers' environments. Just another case of Microsmoosh
mega-marketing steamrolling over common sense and superior engineering.

Jackie