Re:Bug Report #1

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 18 Sep 1996 22:27:25 -0500

>Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 07:04:50 -0500 (CDT)
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: Allen Gwinn <allen@mail.cox.smu.edu>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Bug Report #1
>
>Greetings, and please forgive me if this has already been posted 10E7
>times, but...
>
> - Screen refreshes in the Windows world are not reliable. Lotsa things
> don't display right :)
>
> - For some strange reason (and this probably has been beaten to death
> but I'm a stupid newbie so...) when I connect to an empty reflector,
> I get the opening MOTD, followed by a No Response From Host message
> sent a short time later (along with a rude disconnect!).

This happens I believe with the Cornell 4.03b version of the reflector
program. If you are the first to join the reflector, it will do this, so
just try to reconnect immediately, perhaps two or three times, and I think
you'll finally get in.

My question is why would you want to go to an empty reflector in the first
place? :)

>I've only been playing around with this stuff since (really) Saturday.
>It is way cool. You guys have done a great job!
>
>Oh yeah, I ordered a source license, so maybe I can return the favor
>and help hack instead of complain :)
>
>Allen

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC