Re: WPine EnCU-SeeMe ok under OS/2 Warp

Jacqueline Chados (jackie@sri.webmate.com)
Thu, 19 Sep 1996 12:46:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 19 Sep 1996, The mad Scientist! wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Sep 1996, Jeffrey Dean wrote:
>
> > In case there are any OS/2 folks listening...

I've had nothing but positive experiences with OS/2 warp connect. The
only problem is that I have two number crunching software packages that I
am obliged to use. Both of these packages are for Win3.x. In order to
compensate for windoze's miserable memory management, these packages
added their own memory management patches. If I try to run these programs
under OS/2, OS/2 detects the patches as illegal operations and (rightly)
shuts the applications down. So, I find myself stuck running windoze in
order to use these two programs. A

And of course the companies who produce the programs don't want to bother
producing OS/2 versions even though their upgrade sales of win95 versions
have been lethargic. From where I sit it looks like the typical brainless,
gutless, calls of product managers that have had the feces scared out of
them by the MS Marketing Monster. You have to give MS credit; not only did
they steal the OS market out from under IBM, they also stole IBM's
patented FUD techniques.

Regards,
Jackie